Exemptions from paying ACAT fees

From 19 May 2016, you are exempt from paying ACAT fees if you are named on a Commonwealth-issued Health Care Card, Low Income Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card.

You are also exempt if you are being represented in your ACAT matter by the Aboriginal Legal Services (NSW/ACT) Ltd, Canberra Community Law Ltd, including Street Law, the Women's Legal Centre (ACT & Region) Inc. or Legal Aid.

To claim your exemption, you will need to show your health care or concession card, legal assistance letter or Notice of Representation from the legal services mentioned above, and complete a Request for Exemption from Paying Fees for ACT Courts or ACAT Matter.